kate with green wall updated




kate stewart center nameplate
do everything with all your heart
ABOUT CONTACT
digital resume + portfolio
Welcome! These are a few of my favorite things...
travel
travel

Traveling and experiencing new things has been a favorite thing of mine since I was a little girl. In college, I have been fortunate to attend multiple different public relations conferences in exciting cities that I have loved like Indianapolis, Indiana; Scottsdale, Arizona; Boston, Massachusetts and many more. In high school, I was honored to go on a European tour of London, Italy, and France for three weeks with the People to People Student Ambassador Program. I have experienced a wide range of the southeastern states through doing competitive gymnastics for 14 years. My mom has supported and encouraged my traveling habits, without her I would not have seen everything I have so far. My "wanderlist", which is a list filled with places I can’t wait to visit, grows almost daily. I am stoked for my upcoming travels to Salt Lake City, Utah in January and to Turks + Caicos for spring break. I encourage you to never stop exploring and to never stop learning!

foodie
foodie

I am the definition of an avid foodie! This feeds off of my love for travel, but I enjoy trying new things whether that be at a restaurant or in my own kitchen. My favorite type of food is anything lobster or chocolate, but not together. I am usually in my kitchen cooking or baking a new recipe that I have seen on Tasty, Buzzfeed, or Tastemade. This is very cliché for a millennial, but when I travel to new cities I will research Instagram to see what food in the area is the most “Instagrammable” and it is normally quite yummy too, which is a plus! If you came to my house and turned on my television, 75 percent of the time it would be on the Food Network channel. The other 25 percent of the time I am probably watching Auburn sports, the Dallas Cowboys, or the Atlanta Braves.

auburn
auburn

When people get asked who is Kate Stewart? They will directly associate me with my love of Auburn University and the city of Auburn! I came to this city bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, just full of enthusiasm. I had an immediate sense of “this is home” when I moved to Auburn, Alabama. As I am winding down my fourth and final year at Auburn University, I am reluctant to move away. I have grown into a true Auburn woman and this university has helped mold me into the person I am today. I plan to come back to the Loveliest Village on the Plains to teach after I have obtained my master’s degree and Ph.D. in public relations with a focus on research and theory.

sunflower
flowers

Specifically, sunflowers are my favorite flowers. A lot of this resonates because some of my favorite quotes correlate with sunflowers. Sunflowers are recognized worldwide for being vibrant, strong and beautiful. Also, sunflowers symbolize adoration, loyalty and longevity. Every day I wake up, live positively and try to impact someone’s life even if it is by just sharing a friendly smile.

“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It’s what the sunflowers do.” - Helen Keller

“Advice from a Sunflower: Be bright, sunny and positive. Spread seeds of happiness. Rise, shine and hold your head high.” - Anonymous

“May I grow so tall and bright, so free and wild, so brave and vibrant that when you see me standing you think I am a sunflower.” - g.c.

Top